Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 13:31:24

   Phil Richards wrote:

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 20:03 -0800, Steven Watanabe wrote:

Emil, can you please silence the compiler somehow?
We seem to waste time arguing about it on a regular
basis. I've attached a patch that uses
#pragma GCC system_header

>From my understanding of this pragma, it turns off all warnings from the
header. Maybe I'm being incredibly dumb, but isn't this a rather
shotgun approach to the problem? What if, by some chance, the header is
edited at some later stage and an issue is introduced that would have
generated (valid) warnings?

   Problem easily solved. In boost test builds using gcc use -Wsystem-headers
   to turn the warnings back on.
   Patrick