Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 14:15:27

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Paul A. Bristow
>> and disabling Microsoft language extensions Disable MS extensions =
>> Yes, command line option /Za "
>
> Stephan Lavavej from Microsoft told me that that this option triggers
> known bugs in the compiler. He strongly recommends to stay away from
> it.

Any public reference to this? A blog post or bug report in Microsoft
Connect?

What you're saying stays in contradiction with what Visual C++ Team
is promising at
http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2008/01/08/q-a-on-our-tr1-implementation.aspx

"We're ensuring that TR1 compiles warning-free at /W4, in all supported
scenarios. This includes switches like /Za, /Gz, and the like."

Best regards,