Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-08 16:47:11

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>>> Yes, however, does really Stephan recommends it?
>>> That would be the first question.
>> What, you don't believe me when I tell you that STL personally told me that? :)
>
> Emil,
>
> It's not about that I believe or not.
> I simply would expect something posted to the public about that
> and officially by Visual C++ Team.
> The Visual C++ is not a toy maintained by one-man shop,
> so I'm not that eager to take every gossip as truth about this product.

Butting in... Since it seems this conversation is not doing much. But
saying that a statement from STL is gossip is less than fair. As for
Microsoft not publicly advertising that a non-default option which a
very small subset of its users would seek out seems rather on track with
what a corporation would do for a product it sells (not just MS, any
corporation).

Hence I'm surprised by your contention that it's not a valid argument by
Emil. As it seems like a valid concern to me, as presented by Emil. So
perhaps you should consider asking the VC team to publicly comment about
it instead of arguing about the gossip'ness of Emil's concern.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything