Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] Version 2.0 available
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 05:45:09

Christophe Henry wrote:
> Dear Boosters,
>
> I'm happy to announce the review-ready new version of Msm (2.0).

Congrats! So is this a review request? Nudge, nudge.

> Msm is a framework which enables you to build a Finite State Machine
> in a straightforward, descriptive and easy-to-use manner.
<snip>

> Msm v2.0 is a redesign of Msm v1.20 and offers a separation beetween
> front- and back-ends. There is currently one backend and several
> frontends:
> - the same frontend as Msm v1.20
> - a variation of this frontend based on functors for actions
> - eUML, a boost::proto-based compile-time language allowing you to use
> UML notations directly inside your code, thus making writing code from
> a state machine diagram easier.

I had a quick peek, and it looks really very cool.

> eUML also comes in with a functional programming library similar to
> Boost.Phoenix, adapted to state machines.

Do we really need another lambda? I hope that with a proto-based
Phoenix, we can retire all the mini-lambdas that have been
proliferating. (I'm guilty of this, too.)

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing