Subject: [boost] [iostreams] Is anyone maintaining Boost.IOStreams?
From: Richard Smith (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 10:05:52

I've just looked through the list of bugs for the iostreams
library:

   https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/14?USER=anonymous&page=4

>From a quick scan, it looks like this library is not being
maintained any more. Is this true? Just scratching to
scratch the surface, the following dozen bugs seem to be to
all be trivial to fix. Many have patches, and the others
have a sufficiently clear description that fixing them
should only be a couple of minutes' work.

   2094 -- has a patch that ought to be uncontroversial
   2154 -- relates to code that seems not to exist any longer
   2817 -- proposed resolution seems straightforward
   2894 -- seems pretty straightforward
   2932 -- would be trivial to fix, assuming a fix is desired
   3010 -- appears to have been fixed
   3011 -- has a patch that ought to be uncontroversial
   3197 -- trivial suggestion to remove a compiler warning
   3311 -- obviously an error and trivial to fix
   3352 -- looks like a genuine subtle bug; includes a patch
   3403 -- minor documentation niggle, complete with patch
   3505 -- looks a genuine bug and includes patches

Some of the other bugs look pretty serious to me, and I
might be inclined to spend some time investigating them if I
thought there was any realistic chance of the resulting
patches being accepted.

--
Richard Smith