Subject: Re: [boost] [iostreams] Is anyone maintaining Boost.IOStreams?
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 18:11:24

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 04:05:52 pm Richard Smith wrote:
> I've just looked through the list of bugs for the iostreams
> library:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/14?USER=anonymous&page=4
>
> >From a quick scan, it looks like this library is not being
> maintained any more. Is this true?

Looks like it to me.

> 3010 -- appears to have been fixed

I wrote this ticket. It is not resolved. The ticket is against a change in
trunk that is not merged to release. A more important question is if all the
other trunk changes make sense to merge by anybody just on regression test
results. What is the rationale for then, where is the library heading, ...
Somebody would have to dig in a bit to assess if the changes should be merged
to release.

It seems logical at this point to attempt to contact the listed maintainer and
resent committers and request their intentions to maintain Boost.iostreams.
If there is no intentions to continue, request others to maintain the library
actively. If that fails, put the trunk changes in a branch and sync trunk
with release. From that point it should be possible to at least get some fixes
into release.

--
Bjørn