Subject: Re: [boost] GGL issues - Access Violation
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 09:00:02

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Thanks for stressing our library to its limits. The exception you
> reported does happen indeed if you input a reversed polygon, invalid
> input. On the normal case it didn't throw (but results are, also then,
> not correct). I know that it should be handled correctly, also in
> reverse cases. The exception is solved now. That will not say that the
> numerical FP behaviour (probably why you test this) is solved, I'm
> investigating this further today. As there are also various other
> messages to be answered, I come back to this, probably tomorrow.

I wouldn't call this test stressing the library to its limits. This
operation is on two fairly ordinary small scale isovists (visibility
polygons). As for reversed inputs being invalid, this doesn't make sense
in the context that the negation operation creates a reverse of a
polygon. This is how the boolean difference is defined (at least one
way). How do you do the difference operation in GGL?

Regards,

Brandon