Subject: Re: [boost] GGL issues - Access Violation
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 09:06:28

> I wouldn't call this test stressing the library to its limits. This
> operation is on two fairly ordinary small scale isovists (visibility
> polygons). As for reversed inputs being invalid, this doesn't make
> sense in the context that the negation operation creates a reverse of
> a polygon. This is how the boolean difference is defined (at least one
> way). How do you do the difference operation in GGL?
This is explained on that web-page I referred to yesterday, and touched
in previous discussions with Luke. Summary: it is not yet available as a
separate function but the operation itself is supported by the
algorithm, we have to walk through the input with iterators, sometimes
forward, sometimes reverse.

I cannot yet respond on isovists because it is still being researched.

Barend