Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 14:06:17

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Simonson, Lucanus J
<lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Again, yes, the reviewer is an expert in the field but not in the
>> other application domain (GIS) that was of interest to reviewers.
>> Otherwise the feedback would not have been so directed to one of the
>> libraries vs the other.
>
> To be 100% clear I find your behavior inappropriate and unprofessional.

Luc, thank you for clarifying and I apologize if you feel that way. I
was surprised about all this feedback given to one library and not the
other one, so that is the reason why I asked

> I acknowledged Fernando in my GTL paper because helped edit the paper and for the advice he gave on this list about design and implementation.  I know of no business ties between Fernando and Intel.  My relationship with Fernando is limited to the public email disucssions on this list and private email discussions about publishing my work and review of my library.  My understanding is that Fernando has experience in both CAD and GIS.  Your accusations do a disservice to both yourself and the people who put in volunteer effort to make boost great.

No intention to make an accusation, as an external observer I saw much
of the feedback in one library and not the other when both were in the
same field. I apologize again. I should have been more careful in
wording this. My fault!

regards