Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 14:15:53

Behalf Of
> Jose
> Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:54 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [Boost] [GGL]
Bost.Polygon
> (GTL) vs GGL - rationale

> It is obvious that the GTL author and the reviewer had close ties, as
> clearly acknowledged in the GTL paper. I assume these were just email
> discussions but please confirm there were no business ties, just to be
> 100% clear !!!

I believe it is unrealistic to ban a reviewer from business ties with the
submitter - even if they are from the same company. We are short enough of
qualified reviewers as it is.

What we do need is total transparency, and, of course, confidence that the
reviewer is expert enough.

Although the decisions were and are more than usually difficult, I have full
confidence in decisions of the wizard, the choice of the reviewer, the review,
and the decision.

So I don't think there is a problem.

Paul

---