Subject: Re: [boost] passing compiler options
From: Lorenzo Bettini (bettini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 15:25:29

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>
>> Hi
>
> Hi Lorenzo,
>
>> after running bootstrap.sh, if I want to pass my compiler (in this case
>> cygwin), is it correct to modify project-config.jam and replace
>>
>> if ! gcc in [ feature.values <toolset> ]
>> {
>> using gcc ;
>> }
>>
>> with
>>
>> using gcc : : : <compileflags>-DBOOST_WINDOWS_API
>> <compileflags>-mno-cygwin <linkflags>-mno-cygwin ;
>>
>> this way, am I sure that these compiler options will be passed to the
>> compiler?
>
> This should work, unless you have other 'using gcc' in different
> places.

that's strange: it keeps on building also cygboost_regex.dll, and when I
link to the generated library, and run the executable it keeps on
searching for cygboost_regex.dll.

I need to use the built library with mingw, but I can only seem to
manage to compile boost regex with cygwin, that's why I tried passing
-mno-cygwin...

any clue please?

thanks in advance
        Lorenzo