Subject: Re: [boost] passing compiler options
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 16:25:21

Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>
>> Hi Lorenzo,
>>
>>> after running bootstrap.sh, if I want to pass my compiler (in this case
>>> cygwin), is it correct to modify project-config.jam and replace
>>>
>>> if ! gcc in [ feature.values <toolset> ]
>>> {
>>> using gcc ;
>>> }
>>>
>>> with
>>>
>>> using gcc : : : <compileflags>-DBOOST_WINDOWS_API
>>> <compileflags>-mno-cygwin <linkflags>-mno-cygwin ;
>>>
>>> this way, am I sure that these compiler options will be passed to the
>>> compiler?
>>
>> This should work, unless you have other 'using gcc' in different
>> places.
>>

> that's strange: it keeps on building also cygboost_regex.dll, and when I
> link to the generated library, and run the executable it keeps on
> searching for cygboost_regex.dll.

Just to clarify -- is the problem in the naming? Or in something else?

> I need to use the built library with mingw, but I can only seem to
> manage to compile boost regex with cygwin, that's why I tried passing
> -mno-cygwin...
>
> any clue please?

1. Use

        bjam <other options> -n -a

to veryfy the above flags are indeed passed

2. Use

        bjam <other options> target-os=windows

to use the naming of targets suitable for Windows. It appears that you
have built bjam for cygwin, so it defaults to that operating system.

- Volodya