Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 05:32:29

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Fernando Cacciola
<fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Naturally, you and/or each of those who voted NO are more than welcome to
> challenge my reasons for accepting it.

The reason is that in this case the broad interest of the community is
a library that can satisfy multiple application domains not a single
one and a good base is necessary.

Boost.Polygon doesn't provide that base although it may have
algorithms brilliantly implemented!.

I am asking you to reconsider your decision and also provide your
expert opinion so that GGL can be acceptable as a base where the
Polygon algorithms can be included.

I know there might be a lot of work involved, just start with the
minimum necessary and fold Polygon algorithms as a significant part of
it. I think Boost wants a library that attracts further contributions
not a situation that distracts users and alienates future
contributors.

In Spanish they say "Rectificar es de sabios". I don't know the
English translation.

regards