Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 07:12:06

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> 2009/11/19 Simonson, Lucanus J <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> Why would I throw out support for 3/4 of them? His offer to allow me to join his project, let him drive design decisions and throw > away my own concepts hierarchy was not so temping early on and particularly un-enticing later
>>
> !> when it came with a threat that he would release his benchmark
> results during the review of my library
> !> if I didn't call off my review.
>

> what you are saying here is pretty fierce. I doubt very much that it
> is wise to do such statements on the list. From your wording one can
> get the impression that you have been blackmailed.
>
> I'm worried
> Joachim

Thanks Joachim, I didn't read this piece yet.

It is *unbelievable* what Luke's writing here and *completely untrue*. I
have *never* mailed something like this, and I would never do so. Our
last communication was on July 9 and ended friendly. Between July 3 and
July 9 we corresponded with 5 mails about the benchmark, in a friendly
way; there were several people in the CC, and I helped Luke to find a
deviation, and Luke suggested improvements for our algorithm. /I've
never written anything about publishing benchmarks at all./

I can really not believe what I'm seeing here above.

I don't understand where this sudden statement comes from. Luke, if
there are any resentments from the past, I regret that. Please let that
go, let's work together in the future.

Barend