Subject: Re: [boost] Shouldn't both logging proposals be reviewed in the same formal review?
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 20:04:47

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
> I suggest, for the case of competing libraries, that the contributors are
> supposed to review the opponent's library but to refrain from voting.

   I disagree. The standard I prefer is full disclosure and trust the
manager. If there is some reason why special consideration should be
given to your review, make that clear. This is true whether you believe
that consideration should be positive or negative. Then, write the best
review you can.

   We try hard to make sure our managers are intelligent and suited to
the task. I trust them to weigh your concerns and complements
appropriately as long as they know any special circumstances.

                        John