Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 19:56:48

Patrick Horgan wrote:
> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>> I wasn't so sure about sending that email yesterday. I thought about
>> leaving it unsent until the morning and re-reading it in the morning
>> to decide whether I should send it, then I just hit send.
>>
>> I'm sorry ... more stuff elided by Patrick ...
>>
> I just want to say that this email was an amazingly brave and
> wonderfully vulnerable statement that shows good character and a
> willingness to develop great character. Good show. How rare in the
> technical world. My hat is off to you Luke.
>
> Patrick

   I'm very pleased with the behavior of both Luke and Barend in this.
What could have become an ugly situation is now not because of how the
two of you dealt with it.

   Everyone makes mistakes. The true sign of character is in how you
deal with them. Thanks for the example, it has brightened my day.

                        John