Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-20 07:51:00

--- Michael Fawcett wrote :
> [...]

Just to make things clear, "envelope" (which usually refers in mathematics to some curves) refers in the ggl to "bounding box" (in realtime 3D), and not to "axis aligned bounding box" (aabb in realtime 3D).

The mathematical "envelope" of a 2D polygon is most of the time a succession of segments (and not only 4, like in BB).

And I think that only mathematical denomination should be allowed as a base in ggl (not ogc). On top of that, the proposition of Michael Fawcett seems good to me (ggl::gis::enveloppe or ggl::rt3D::bb for example), even if I don't have real argumentation to support it.