Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary submission: generic linear algebra algorithms library Boost LA
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-21 20:27:35

Emil Dotchevski escribió:
> I remember some past discussions on this mailing list about the need
> for similar library in Boost, so I hope it is OK to skip the interest
> query and request a preliminary review for Boost LA.
>
> Boost LA provides a set of generic linear algebra algorithms,
> primarily for working with vectors and matrices of static size. The
> library also defines vector and matrix data types, however it allows
> users to introduce their own types by specializing the vector_traits
> and matrix_traits templates.
>
> Documentation and source code available at
> http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-la, released under the Boost
> Software License.
>
> Thanks,
> Emil Dotchevski

I'm considering this library for use in a future project. Mainly in
order to operate with C arrays as vectors. I try using it for a few
minutes and got the following concerns, sorry if they were brought up
already:

· Operators don't work unless boost::la namespace is bring into scope,
couldn't ADL kick in?

· Could swizzling 'placeholders' be placed on a different namespace, so
I could write `using namespace boost::la::swizzling;` or similar.

Everything else looks nice so far. Hope you continue working on it
whether it gets into boost or not, its a really useful library!

Thank you.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-