Subject: Re: [boost] Review Queue Needs Attention
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-24 16:46:21

strasser_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Zitat von Tom Brinkman <reportbase_at_[hidden]>:
>
>> The number of review requests is
>> far outstripping the number of volunteer review managers.
>
> is the lack of review managers the bottleneck of the review process
> right now?
>
> I`m relatively new to boost, but judging from the "notes for review
> managers" on the website that doesn`t sound like a lot of work.
> I'm planning to submit a library for review myself, and the prospect
> that that'd take 2 years isn't very encouraging, so I'd probably
> volunteer just for this reason alone.
>
> maybe you could regularily post a call for review managers to the
> mailing list, with a list and a short description of libraries in need
> of a review manager?
>
> btw, I sent a request for sandbox access to boost-owner recently, to
> upload a preview of my library to the sandbox.
> does that take a while or has the process of requesting access
> changed? I haven't received anything so far.

I would recommend that authors try find a review manager before they request a review. If no one is interested in being the review manager of a given library then it might be that the author mistook polite interest for serious interest in the determining interest phase. We can easily fix the problem of lack of review managers for proposed libraries by making it clear that it is the author's responsibility to find a review manager for their library. The author of a proposed library should ideally become part of the boost community. That process should start before the library is accepted, not after, and it is through that process that the author finds a review manager.

Regards,
Luke