Subject: Re: [boost] template profiler (was: [msm] scalability)
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 06:45:46

Am Wednesday 25 November 2009 11:08:04 schrieb Christophe Henry:
> > a library that I plan to submit to boost causes > 50 s compile times even
> > for simple examples, so do you have any recommendations on where to
> > start?
>
> There is a template profiler from Steven Watanabe, you could start there:
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filenam
>e=profile_templates.zip&directory=Tools&

thanks.

I get an empty output though, I think this might be related to a lot of errors
I get in the intermediate output: (.rtp)

../../bin.v2/boost/persistence/gcc-4.3.2/debug/test.cpp:199: error:
conflicting declaration ‘template_profiler_size’

this is caused by the fact that the preprocessor inserts the profiler also at
namespace scope:

namespace std __attribute__ ((__visibility__ ("default"))) { PROFILE_TRACER();

judging from the postprocessor, I don't think that is intended, is it? looks
like it is only processing warnings. and the preprocessor also seems to only
look for class and function headers.

any idea how I could fix that?