Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 07:08:04

Hi Joachim,

Again, thanks for reviewing our library!

> Important parts, like that one on "set theoretic operations" have been
> added during the review [...]
No excuse, but for your information, this page, and the page about
robustness, were added as answers to (sometimes many) questions on this
list during the review.

> I have tried to run some toy programs and encountered problems very
> quickly, when I tried to initialize and use multi_polygons, e.g.
>
> ggl::multi_polygon<polygon_2d> mupo;
> std::cout << ggl::dsv(mupo) << std::endl;
> // produced this error message

I agree that multi* deserves more attention in examples and
documentation. But, just to be complete now, including
"ggl/multi/multi.hpp" would have solved this problem. Well, actually,
this one was in the documentation (related pages, compiling). This was
probably also be the cause of other problems you've had with multi.

> Also I was not successful in assigning or appending a polygon to
> a multi_polygon.

mupo.push_back(po); // for appending
What is written in the docs is that a multi-polygon behaves like a
range. For editing it behaves like a std::container. There were more
comments about this, similar as to the inner containers of a polygon. We
will come back to this, the RangeEx functionality might help here.

Regards, Barend