Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Integer makeover
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 10:35:03

2009/11/26 Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>:

> So does this mean that a release using a zip from Sourceforge will display OK.

Yes.

> The symbols used above are trivial and not important, but does it mean that some more significant symbols like math and greek say will not display right?

The html is encoded as ISO-8859-1, which is mostly for Western
European languages. Every that isn't in that character (such as greek
characters) will use character entities and will be fine.

> I don't remember this being a problem with the Math development, but perhaps we never used SVN to move html files?

It's the same there:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/math/doc/html/index.html

> Not a problem with pdf I presume.

Right.

> Or should we use a different way of specifying symbols to avoid this?

Setting chunker.output.encoding to US-ASCII might fix this. I'll try it later.

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/chunker.output.encoding.html

Daniel