Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: boost.lockfree
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-27 02:18:40

Am Friday 27 November 2009 06:35:48 schrieb Dave Abrahams:

> > is this still a mailing list for historical reasons only or was there a
> > decision against a message board?
>
> Speaking for myself, nobody has ever explained to me why a message
> board would be significantly different, so I don't see any upside in
> switching.

most important, visibility of important threads over a longer period of time.
there would be a subforum "Proposed libraries", with threads with new messages
at the top.

I understand that there is no difference from a technical viewpoint and that
some mailreaders can display a mailing list exactly like that, but I don't
think a proposal like lockfree would have been fergotten on a board.
you rarely see replies to threads more than two weeks old on this mailing
list, so people do read it either on a day to day basis, or not at all.