Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: boost.lockfree
From: Johan Nilsson (r.johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-27 03:46:42

strasser_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Zitat von Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]>:
>

>> since my first review request for boost.lockfree [1] was completely
> ignored
>
> I have stated that multiple times, I think a mailing list is the wrong
> format for boost. important posts are missed in the noise.
>
> is this still a mailing list for historical reasons only or was there
> a decision against a message board?

[off-topic]

I don't know about any specific decisions, but message boards (internet
forums) are often terrible for following threads of conversation (at least
technical ones).

Using the mailing list directly might not be the best alternative either,
but accessing mailing lists over nntp using gmane works really, really well
for me.

HTH / Johan