Subject: Re: [boost] Regex allocator support
From: Andrew Venikov (andrew.venikov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-03 19:33:09

<snip>

> I hope my explanations clear things up a bit. I know that I speak for
> just a few people, but things like theese, are the exact things that
> makes especially game developers stay away from boost, so I hope you
> will at least look more into this.

I don't think you speak for just a "few" people - I think this problem
is encountered in a lot of development environments.

I work on carrier-grade VOIP servers and we use allocators for almost
everything.
And it is *SO* frustrating to encounter a library that you really like
but can't use because of no or sub-optimal allocator support....

Sigh...

Andy.