Subject: Re: [boost] Updated performance results using Boost Serialization 1.41
From: Kim Barrett (kab.conundrums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-06 23:37:40

On Dec 4, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Our measurements show Boost.Serialization spends most of its time creating
> (constructing) archives and there it's mainly initializing the locale...

The locale initialization can be avoided if your application can get away with using the boost::archive::no_codecvt construction flag. (Assuming that's still behaving the same as when I looked into this performance area back around boost 1.33.)

These threads may also be of interest:

I keep promising myself that I will soon collect sufficient round tuits to do something about this, but so far those promises remain broken. Maybe once I upgrade my team to boost 1.41.