Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard report for December 2009
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 05:16:54

Am Tuesday 08 December 2009 02:33:19 schrieb John Phillips:
> If you're a library author and plan on submitting a library for review
> in the next 3-6 months, send Ron or John a short description of your
> library and we'll add it to the Libraries Under Construction below. We
> know that there are many libraries that are near completion, but we
> have hard time keeping track all of them. Please keep us informed
> about your progress.

here's my description:

Persistent

---
A library, based on Boost.Serialization, that provides access to persistent
objects with an interface as close as possible to accessing regular objects
in memory.
 * object ownership concepts equivalent to the ones used by Boost.SmartPtr:
shared, weak, scoped (and raw)
 * ACID transactions, including recovery after a crash and "Serializable"
isolation level
 * concurrent transactions, nested transactions, distributed transactions
 * concurrent access containers: STL containers whose nodes are implemented as
persistent objects and can be accessed without moving the container to
memory. Concurrent transactions modifying the container are only repeated in
the rare cases the same container node is changed simultanisouly by 2
threads.
 * extensible by other transactional resources, e.g. an object relational
mapper based on the upcoming Boost.Rdb library. Multiple resources can be
combined to one database, with distributed transactions among them.
feel free to change/correct it (not a native english speaker).
Stefan