Subject: Re: [boost] [function] Using boost::function when rtti is not available
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 17:33:01

"David Genest" <david.genest_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Sorry for the late response...

no problem, i'm 'late' too ;) ...i was quite busy so i put this on pause as
peter seems to have provided what you wanted...however if you still wish to
work/try/help with my changes we can perhaps still try a few things... ;)

> I got the latest version and there are still problems. Is there a chance
> that STATIC_ASSERT does not behave well with the xbox 360
> version of the compiler ? How would I check this ?

i doubt the problem is with BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT as it is used in other places
in boost.function as well as other libraries...
the problem is probably with the is_stateless<> trait...
...it would seem odd that the same compiler supports a particular trait on one
platform but not on the other so you should first do the two things previously
mentioned:
 - verify that the MSVC++ 8.0 compiler that you use for the xbox has service
pack 1 and all the latest patches installed
 - if the above does not fix the problem (or the compiler is fully patched) try
replacing the is_stateless<> check with the equivalent more primitive type
traits (as outlined in one of my previous posts)

i've also uploaded a new version that, along other less important changes,
fixes an issue with assignement/construction from boost::function<>
instantiations with different signatures that in the process also removed some
sfinae usage...so it perhaps might also fix some of the other errors you've
been encountering...
tomorrow i'll move my modifications to the boost sandbox svn to ease this
process a bit...

as for the SN System compiler i'm afraid i cannot help there (i've actually
never heard of that compiler before)...

--
 "That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most
important of all the lessons of history."