Subject: Re: [boost] boost::serialization, binary archive contents
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-23 11:22:53

Am Wednesday 23 December 2009 02:22:09 schrieb Dan:
> Hi All,
>
> Im not sure if this the correct mailing list or not.. in fact im not sure
> if i'm even going about this the right way.. forums are so much easier..

there is a boost-users mailing list on the same site you joined this one.
but I would like to see a message board on the boost website as well.
noone is used to mailing lists anymore.

> Im using the boost::serialization library, im attempting to serialize an
> image file from the freeimage library.
>
> It is working beautifully if i serialize to a text archive however, binary
> archives fail to load with a "stream error" exception.

is your stream a std::ios::binary stream?
see
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/libs/serialization/doc/special.html#binary_archives

> boost::serialization::array<BYTE> ao =
> boost::serialization::make_array<BYTE>(pData, dwSize);
> ar & ao;

your code looks ok.
you can replace this part with

ar.load_binary(pData,dwSize).

(this has nothing to do with the exception you're getting though, it's just
easier to read.)