Subject: [boost] Boost library submission (poll for interest)
From: Bob Walters (bob.s.walters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-04 17:56:32

I have a library I would like to submit for inclusion in Boost. This
message is just soliciting for interest per the submission process.
If interest is expressed, I'll carry on with a preliminary submission.

The library is an embedded database, to the tune of products like the
embedded version of InnoDB, BerkeleyDB, etc. In this case, the
database is structured as a Boost.interprocess shared region
(typically mmap so it can page) which contains one or more STL-like
containers holding application defined data types in directly usable
form (i.e. not serialized.) The database infrastructure is fully ACID
compliant, with durability via write-ahead logging, and periodic
checkpoints. More details, examples, and documentation is available
at http://stldb.sourceforge.net/ for more details on this libraries
capabilities.

Currently, I've only implemented map<> (probably the most useful
container type in a database), but the plan is to continue to add
containers as requested/needed until ACID compliant versions of a
decent portion of the STL are available.

There are some concepts which I've been trying to flesh out with this,
including a standard concept for a transaction-aware type which in
turn exposes operations which can be logged, undone, recovered, etc.
Allowing that concept to be used recursively (containers of other
containers, or of application-defined transaction-aware objects) is
one of the longer-term goals of this library.

Let me know if there's any interest, and I'll work on a preliminary
submission for the sandbox.

Thanks,
Bob Walters