Subject: Re: [boost] Boost library submission (poll for interest)
From: Bob Walters (bob.s.walters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 20:31:12

On Jan 5, 2010, at 14:08:18 +0000 Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Currently, I've only implemented map<> (probably the most useful
>> container type in a database), but the plan is to continue to add
>> containers as requested/needed until ACID compliant versions of a
>> decent portion of the STL are available.
>
> I have several times used Boost.MultiIndex as a replacement for a database.
> It would be great if there could be support for everything
> Boost.MultiIndex can do.

I intend to look at this (future consideration). A variant of MultiIndex which works with the
transactional infrastructure would be a naturally good fit. Offering support for
MultiIndex would provide a means of consistency control between primary containers
and associated secondary indexes which is currently lacking.

- Bob