Subject: Re: [boost] [patch] first_iterator, second_iterator?
From: er (erwann.rogard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-08 11:45:32

> Sure, it can be implemented via transform_iterator too. And it is a
> trivial application. But it serves two purposes:
>
> 1) provides commonly-needed functionality with only a little additional code

Once a functor for selecting an elem of std::pair is available, wouldn't
it also require little additional code to automate the creation of the
associated transform_iterator? I illustrated this for fusion::map here:
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/statistics/detail/fusion/boost/statistics/detail/fusion/at_key/

One small issue pertains to my post 10/5/09 11:01PM in the user's
mailing list. In the same list I think I've already seen some posts
about functors for std::pair and boost::tuple. HTH