Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Release Candidate 4 released
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-09 05:57:09

On 01/09/2010 04:45 AM, OvermindDL1 wrote:

>> Yes, I intend to add this section to the docs later. There has been some
>> performance testing with comparison to log4cxx. You may find interesting the
>> discussion in this forum thread:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ya85vwf
>>

> I would love a comparison between this and Apache's logging framework,
> in benchmarking speeds, features, coding method, and output formats
> (with apache's default methods since you can plug in your own into
> it).

I don't really like feature-wise comparisons between different things,
and Boost.Log and log4cxx are very different in architecture and thus
provided features. The comparison will be unfair to both libraries. You
can build your opinion by reading their docs and examples and choosing
which of them fits you most.

As for performance, the mentioned above forum thread should give you the
idea. As I said, I will add a performance section to the docs.