Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] status?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-13 03:12:13

Andy Tompkins wrote:

>> > So, it seems that everything is in order, and given that test results on
>> > trunk have a single failure, on sun-5.10, which is not a release platform, I'd
>> > say yes, please merge.
>>
>> Andy -- when you merge, be sure to merge
>> libs/libraries.htm
>> libs/maintainers.txt
>
> I need some help. I have not checked in anything yet.
> I have been able to merge libs/libraries.htm, libs/maintainers.txt, and
> status/Janfile.v2.

For avoidance of doubt -- did you use examine changes in status/Jamfile.v2 and
made sure that only uuid changes are gonna be committed?

> I do not know how to merge boost/uuid and libs/uuid since these
> directories are not in the release branch. Every time I try (with
> TortoiseSVN) it shows me all sorts of other changes that I don't want to
> merge. I could just copy the directories, but I assume this is not the
> correct way. I'm sure if the directories were there I would be fine.

The correct way, I think, is:

  svn copy https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/uuid
        https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/boost/

  svn copy https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/uuid
        https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/libs

I recommend you do those commands on the command line, I have no idea how GUI clients
might work.

(It would be possible to first merge, on the top level, the revision where uuid was
added to trunk, and then merge boost/uuid and libs/uuid separately. But, there's no
particular reason to do so. The commands above should initialize mergeinfo just fine).

- Volodya