Subject: Re: [boost] [release] files from previous releases (was: Re: [ Fusion ] Extra files in "release"?)
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-13 05:42:42

2010/1/13 Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]>:

> Seems a "release procedure issue" to me; the trunk has apparently been
> copied over an old release where those files were still present and needed.

There's no consensus on the best way to merge. A lot of developers
seem to be set in their ways so it's up to the individual libraries to
decide how they want to manage merge. Although, life would be a lot
easier if we all followed the same process.

> Those files can be deleted from the release branch (gone from trunk
> since February 09, last changes on Fusion in June 09).

The C++ files can be left until the next release as it's too late to
remove them without good reason. The documentation should be fixed
though, the last merge seem to have gone wrong.

Daniel