Subject: Re: [boost] [release] files from previous releases
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-14 14:40:57

Tobias Schwinger wrote:

> I never really got a notification like "Copy / merge your libs to the
> Boost instance rooted in branches/release, now" (should there be one,
> maybe?).

I think that "release branch closes for all changes in a week" should
have been a sufficient warning ;-)

One important property of the current release process is that it's
maintainers responsibility to put things on the release branch, and it
can be done at whatever time is convenient for them. There's no
process, either automatic or manual, to inspect all 90+ libraries, decide
if some changes are good candidates for merge, and ping specific maintainers.

- Volodya