Subject: Re: [boost] [release] files from previous releases
From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-14 16:00:09

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger wrote:
>
>> I never really got a notification like "Copy / merge your libs to the
>> Boost instance rooted in branches/release, now" (should there be one,
>> maybe?).
>
> I think that "release branch closes for all changes in a week" should
> have been a sufficient warning ;-)
>
> One important property of the current release process is that it's
> maintainers responsibility to put things on the release branch, and it
> can be done at whatever time is convenient for them. There's no
> process, either automatic or manual, to inspect all 90+ libraries, decide
> if some changes are good candidates for merge, and ping specific maintainers.

Hmmmyea, I meant by no means to blame the Release Managers for my
infrequent reading of boost.devel, these days ;-). Else wouldn't
have apologized for the trouble (not quoted in the reply).

A notification on a low-frequency list (e.g. boost.announce) that
it's "this time of the year, again" could've kept me from failing,
though.

Regards,
Tobias