Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] Template error in CodeWarrior when attempting union on polygon_set_data
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-22 12:05:23

Kef Schecter wrote:
>> Please try polygon in standalone mode
> I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean by "standalone mode",
> unless
> you mean defining BOOST_POLYGON_NO_DEPS means "standalone mode". So I
> did that and I get the same error, but at a different point now, in
> boost/polygon/isotropy.hpp:
>
> struct gtl_and : gtl_and_c<T::value, T2::value> {};
>

> I forgot to mention last time that I also got a second error (with the
> same message) here, in boost/utility/enable_if.hpp:
>
> template <class Cond, class T = void>
> struct enable_if : public enable_if_c<Cond::value, T> {};
>
> This error still happens with the BOOST_POLYGON_NO_DEPS macro, with
> the
> same code in boost/polygon/isotropy.hpp.

Yep, SFINAE just isn't going to work for CodeWarrior. These things with _c<T::value are because MSVC does semantic checks differently for templates with literal parameters than with types as parameters and SFINAE works better with the checks it applies to literal parameters because it seems to apply them earlier.

Thanks for giving my library a try.
Luke