Subject: Re: [boost] Are any of these bugs _really_ show stoppers?
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-26 16:29:39

El 24/01/2010 19:30, Neil Groves escribió:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Marshall Clow<mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> There are 25 bugs in the Trac system which are marked as "showstopper".
>> Are any of these really worth holding up the release for?
>> (and if not, should we reclassify these bugs?)
>>
>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/29
>
> 3325 Limited support for mapping regions to specific addresses in Linux
>>

> Defect 3325 - The impact of this defect is that I need to patch
> Boost.Interprocess before I can successfully use it. The patch is very
> simple indeed, hence it isn't a huge deal for me if it isn't fixed for 1.42.
> However since the fix is so simple, perhaps we can get a fix in for 1.43. I
> would be willing to send a patch if desired.

Sorry for being so late, but I don't think it's a defect (and it's a
showstopper because no other has reclaimed such functionality).
MAP_FIXED is dangerous and isn't portable so if the desired address is
already mapped the mapping should fail. If you want to use unix behavior
you can always use munmap to unmap the desired address range and try
that address.

Best,

Ion