Subject: Re: [boost] codepad code longevity ?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-29 20:55:49

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 1/30/2010 9:32 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>
>> If the concern was longevity, as long as the user's github account is
>> active and the gist has not been deleted, then it's just like anything
>> else out there that's accessible via a link. :)
>
> Ohhh, "as long as the user's github"... That's bad. We often refer
> to code sometimes after a particular person becomes inaccessible
> (hides under a rock or inside a cave or something :-).
>
> Posts should be permanent!

Right. I guess it has its uses (codepad, pastebin, gists) but for
stuff that's meant to be "permanent" copy distribution would be the
best bet. Collaboration friendliness may suffer, which I think is not
the main concern here in the first place. :)

--
Dean Michael Berris
cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/deanberris