Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-01 10:55:48

Behalf Of
> Stewart, Robert
> Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 2:36 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or
unreleased boost
> documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
>
> Bjørn Roald wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 January 2010 11:20:29 pm Patrick Horgan wrote:
> >
> > > I've put some new/improved/resized icons up to reflect the
> > discussion.
> > >
> > > http://dbp-consulting.com/boostvariantslogo.html

FWIW, my preference is for

* Red "Developing for", blue Boost (not yet in the review queue, or reviewed but
not accepted - yet - revision in progress?).

(I would expect that people would have got past the "assessing interest" stage
and got something in sandbox SVN to use this logo, but let's not be too
legalistic?).

* Red "Proposed for" blue Boost (in the Review queue).

> I like the red text for the not-yet-accepted-library logos. I like the blue
for "powered by."

Red makes quite clear what is likely to be subject to change, perhaps without
notice.

* Blue Boost logo as now (reviewed and accepted - even if not yet released).

and

* Blue "Powered by" blue Boost (transparent?) (uses Boost code).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse