Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation - was C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-01 09:36:15

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> On Sunday 31 January 2010 11:20:29 pm Patrick Horgan wrote:
>
> > I've put some new/improved/resized icons up to reflect the
> discussion.
> >
> > http://dbp-consulting.com/boostvariantslogo.html

Nice work Patrick.

> These are all good as far as layout. I think the two-liners
> work fairy well.

Yes, there's plenty of room for two lines.

> I dislike the "under construction" variant. If we keep it it
> should be changed to "under construction for" two-liner, but
> I think "preliminary proposal for" cover tat use case better.

I agree that "for" is needed with "under construction," but splitting "under construction for" into two lines won't look right any way you try it.

> my vote is:

I like the idea of limiting the variations of the logo.

> preliminary proposal for

I don't like that. Until something is proposed, it isn't a proposal. How about "developing for" or "creating for?" The present participle implies ongoing work.

> proposal for

I like Patrick's "proposed for" better. The past participle implies that the library has been proposed and is awaiting review.

> using

I think "powered by" works better because that phrasing fits the word "boost" better.

I like the red text for the not-yet-accepted-library logos. I like the blue for "powered by."

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]