Subject: Re: [boost] [logo] Boost logo variants for use in unofficial or unreleased boost documentation
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-07 13:13:50

On Sunday 07 February 2010 06:02:48 pm Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> OK to start a new thread?

We need to smoke out if there are any real strong objections. As far as
process, there may be a need to for a formal review, mini review, or vote
count of some sort. This is somewhat unclear as this is not really a library
proposal. Logos are however no small issue. However, I think simple yes/no
vote counts has been used in the past. You should ask how to proceed at this
point, and if anybody can arrange what is required for formally approving the
logos. The best would be is that review manager / vote counter are not
directly associated with the proposal.

A new thread is a good idea at this point. The discussion has settled on two
logo use cases and the two logos presented in the proposal are as good as any
other proposed. A new "Proposal ..." thread signals a proposal that the
general boost list should be able to say yes or no too. So, I say yes - go
ahead with the new thread.

--
Bjørn