Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 04:56:04

edouard_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Well. You just want to have some sort of approval process. I guess you
> just don't want the "powered by boost" logo floating around and being
> pasted on just any software. That's branding. I'm not sure how I can help
> you with it, but if you think I can just tell me how...

There's really no way to control it short of legal action. I'm in favor
of the W3C model, where they provide their logos such as the W3C CSS or
the W3C XHTML1.1 freely. It's why I think the "POWERED BY" logo needs
to be provided separately and prominently on the web site. It actually
helps fight brand dilution, because it gives people something to use
other than the official boost icon.

Patrick