Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 04:49:09

Behalf Of
> Robert Ramey
> Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:28 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
>
> I originally spawned this thread with an observation regarding what I felt
> was inappropriate usage of boost logo. One can use any other logo he wants
> for any purpose he wants as far as I'm concerned. After all, it's still a
> free country. My only suggestion is that boost.org copyright the boost
> logo - ( Last time I looked - this cost $25 - its probably more now) and
> create a policy for its usage.

I don't think we need to do anything more than complete the .png metadata fields

Dublin Core Entities: title, date, creator, publisher, holder of rights ...

and chose a license, perhaps

or for developing libraries http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

and perhaps for the Boost 'official' logo
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/

This can easily be done for .pngs and svgs with several tools, including
Inkscape.

A no-cost option ;-)

Paul

---