Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 03:01:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrey Semashev" <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:10 AM

> On 02/10/2010 02:10 AM, vicente.botet wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For Boost.STM Justin created a variation of the offical log
>>
>> Toward Boost STM
>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/stm/boost.png
>>
>> Making a variation of a logo doesn't requires too much graphical
>> abilities. Maybe "Toward Boost XXX" could be considerd for libraries
>> working towards an accepted Boost library.
>>
>> When I see the docs on the sandbox the "Toward Boost XXX" appears. If
>> I move the docs to the Boost repository the Official Boost logo
>> appears.
>
> "Toward" means that the library is on the move to get proposed
> (accepted) to Boost eventually, and this is not always the case. But I
> like the idea of providing a bootstrap of a library-specific logo.

This is exactly the sens I find in Toward, a library that is working on a proposal for review and at the end expect to be accepted in Boost. Libraries that don't pretend this should use a "Powered by" logo, as no affiliation to Boost is in the mind of the authors.

IMO it is useful to distinguish these libraries, be using a specific logo or via a page like the Libraies Under Construction.

Vicente