Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-11 11:12:01

Stewart, Robert wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Stewart, Robert wrote:
>>> I was surprised.
>> Having a 4 week old daughter at home helps to focus :-)
>
> Congratulations! Your first?

Yep, first! Having lots of fun.. And lots of pain.

>>> That requires that a programmer have graphical ability.
>> Then just don't use the Boost logo at all. This is something I've
>> done.
>>
>>> Besides, as has been noted, I believe the new library template
>>> uses the official logo.
>> We should make that template not use a logo at all by default. And
>> perhaps we should make it so you only get the Boost logo within the
>> Boost tree. Otherwise you have to specify a logo you want to use,
>> and get nothing otherwise.
>
> Using none means altering the documentation to later include one. It
> seems simpler to have a reference to a placeholder logo so, at most,
> the author need only change the image source URL upon acceptance.

It would have been as easy as overriding the default image with an
appropriate xsl:param option during doc builds.

> Having said that, using no logo or only one created by the author,
> nicely sidesteps this whole discussion!

I like obvious, and diplomatic, solutions ;-)

> Maybe the template should reference an image that includes nothing
> but "Your logo here."

Well.. It's no longer an issue. I changed the XSL such that the Boost
navbar, and hence logo, only show up when building within the Boost
tree. Others that build outside the tree will not get the navbar by
default. The can ask to include the navbar, but will also have to
specify to include the Boost logo explicitly (or their own explicitly).
So an appearance of the Boost logo outside of Boost should now be
considered a deliberate choice (double choice at that).

Enjoy ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything