Subject: Re: [boost] Guidelines on wiki
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-14 12:53:38

Daniel James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've copied the guidelines onto the wiki now, you can see them at:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/
>
> Any comments?

It's a little unclear whether this kind of stuff should be in the wiki
or the regular website. I find the website hard to update and often
hard to navigate. So I like the wiki. But then, I'm a tiny bit concerned
that given the ease of editing the wiki, it might tend to expand
"all over the place". It's the classic tension between a dynamic
system driven by independent agents all improving a system
simultaneously vs. a tightly controlled effort to make the definitive
"perfect" system.

Thinking about about, I think the former is a better model as I
believe it will better model boost itself in the future. So you might
want to expand your horizons a little to consider how the wiki
might include a lot more of the information which is currently on
the web site.

Robert Ramey