Subject: Re: [boost] Formal review request: static size matrix/vector linear algebra library (Boost) LA
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-16 12:41:08

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Giovanni Piero Deretta
<gpderetta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [sorry for dropping in the conversation, but I love these games of
> play-with-syntax]
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Emil Dotchevski
> <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> Oh yeah OK i see it now.
>>> What about:
>>>
>>> at(v, (_2,_1,-_3)) = xxx ; ?
>>
>> Perhaps at<2,1,-3>(v) = xxx
>
> That would lose the convenience of ADL

Not a problem, since the convenience of ADL is lost already. :)

The operator overloads require the user to use "using" anyway; like
those overloads, at<> would use SFINAE so it won't clash with anything
the user may have defined. I'm pretty sure I've never used "use" so
many times in a single sentence :)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.