Subject: Re: [boost] Formal review request: static size matrix/vector linear algebra library (Boost) LA
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-16 12:47:42

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM, joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> DE wrote:
>>
>> if there is no name for your lib yet here is a suggestion:
>>
>> Generic Linear Algebra for Static Structures
>
> My main cocnern is that currently, the Algebra side is not that prevalent
> nor really the main focus of the library.

The library provides generic vector and matrix operations and generic
access to vector and matrix types. This is all within the Algebra
domain and the library doesn't do anything else so I'm not sure what
you mean by "not prevalent".

It is true however that the Algebra domain is rather large. I am in
favor of coming up with a name that properly narrows down the purpose
of this library.

> static_container is maybe more suited.

Nothing in this library is a container. It is a collection of generic
operations on vector and matrix types of static size.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.